What is Sexual Health Wirral?
Sexual Health Wirral provides free and confidential contraception sexual health services for people living in Wirral.
The walk-in and wait appointment only clinics provide STI & HIV tests and treatments for most infections and all methods of contraception (free condoms, emergency contraception and long-term reversible contraception – LARC).
The service’s interactive website offers free advice and support as well as online booking for appointments and free STI postal test kits.
Sexual Health Wirral is more than just a clinic. The team also offer:
- telephone consultations for advice
- online booking for appointments at a time to suit you
- free postal testing kits – chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhoea and HIV (16 only)
- fully accessible clinics open 6 days a week across five venues in Wirral
- interpreters (to be booked in advance)
- specialist clinics for young people 19 and under, six days a week
- weekend and evening clinics
- psychosexual service
- specialist doctor led clinics
- easy read materials (available upon request )
- free contraception and sexual health support from partner pharmacies and GPs
- Emergency contraception available from our partner pharmacies and LARC available from our partner GPs
- The service offers sexual health screening (tests), treatment, advice and contraception to men and women of all ages, as well as support for those who are having problems with their sexual health
Why might I go to a Sexual health clinic?
- emergency contraception (if you have had unprotected sex in the last 72 hours)
- a range of contraception choices and treatments to suit your needs including free condoms
- specialist contraception service for menopausal women and people with complex needs
- pregnancy testing and fertility advice
- pregnancy advice – pre-pregnancy and pregnancy decision counselling
- referral for termination
STIs and HIV
- information, testing and treatment for all STI’s (sexually transmitted infections)
- chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis screening and treatment
- HIV Screening
- menstrual problems and concerns
- cervical smears
- recurring vaginal thrush or discharge
- genital skin problems
- men’s sexual health problems and concerns
- Hepatitis B vaccines
- PEP/PEPSE Treatment that may prevent HIV infection following a needle injury or unsafe sex (Must be provided within 72 hours of exposure)
- psychosexual counselling and specialist service
Download the clinic timetable